Located in the heart of uptown Charlotte, First Presbyterian’s sanctuary was originally constructed in 1857 and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. J•PA approached the addition and renovation with a great deal of sensitivity and respect for the building’s historic character.
Work involved 10,000 sf of renovations to the Ministers’ Offices and administrative spaces, as well as a 60,000-sf addition that includes:
- A fellowship hall
- Commercial grade kitchen
- Christian Education Center
- Music rehearsal space
- An expansion of the church’s licensed Child Development Center