This comprehensive renovation and expansion revitalized the historic clubhouse and enhanced Charlotte Country Club’s reputation as a premier venue for social gatherings and community events.
The 78,000-sf renovation addressed functional, structural, and aesthetic aspects of the clubhouse, including:
- Locker rooms and showers
- Kitchen and banquet facilities
- Restoration of original crystal chandeliers and sconces
- A new HVAC system
- Structural repairs and improvements
- A 10,000-sf addition to the north wing was designed to seamlessly blend with the original structure
J•PA worked with Chambers, Inc., one of the nation’s foremost country club designers, in the selection of fixtures and furnishings appropriate to the historic clubhouse. Today, Charlotte Country Club offers members a variety of beautifully appointed spaces capable of accommodating multiple events, from small gatherings to grand receptions for up to 300 guests.
Awards & Recognition
- Historic Charlotte Best Commercial Preservation Award
- ABC of the Carolinas Eagle Award for Excellence in Construction
- Golf, Inc. Magazine 2nd Place for Club Remodel / Renovation
- 2011—Club & Resort Business Magazine, Feature in ” Remaking History”