J•PA worked with the Foundation for the Carolinas to transform existing museum space in one of Charlotte’s historic structures into a technology-rich center for philanthropy and community engagement.
The renovation addressed every aspect of the four-story, 82,000-sf building and included:
- Reconfiguring the building interior to accommodate an open, first-floor reception area and gallery showcasing an extensive collection of paintings and art glass on loan to the Foundation;
- Creating highly-functional staff offices and a variety of conference rooms for use by staff and area non-profits;
- Event space including two roof-top terraces, one featuring a unique green wall created by Parisian artist Patrick Blanc;
- Legacy Hall, a space honoring Foundation philanthropists;
- A complete upgrade of building mechanical and electrical systems; and
- The addition of a commercial kitchen and catering kitchen to support meetings and special events.
Awards & Recognition
- Historic Charlotte Preservation Award